NBC Sports, the American Century Championship and World Golf Tour have created a virtual experience that allows gamers to play the back nine at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, home of the annual celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe.
- Visit www.nbcsports.com/tahoe to play the ACC Challenge
- Play the video game unlimited number of times, July 2 – 31
- After playing the game, make sure you register for your chance to win great prizes
- All winners will be selected at random. Grand prize include a week-long VIP trip to the 2011
- American Century Championship: VIP tickets, celebrity parties, lodging and airfare
- Ten winners at random will receive ACC Gift Bag: golf shirts, hats, carry bag, golf balls and more
- The American Century Championship, the celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe (www.TahoeCelebrityGolf.com), stages 82 sports and entertainment stars and Hall of Famers as they compete in a 54-hole, $600,000 tournament on NBC Sports, July 16-18. Celebrities include: Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Tony Romo, Ray Romano, Bode Miller, Troy Aikman, Jerry Rice, Don Cheadle, John Elway and Taylor Hicks
- For the fifth consecutive year, the official tournament charity is LIVESTRONG
For printable PDF version of press release visit: American Century Championship Challenge.
“The game is so realistic that players will feel like the celebrities they watch during the telecast playing at Edgewood Tahoe,” said Gary Quinn, director of business development for NBC Sports. “They just won’t get their feet wet along No. 17, the signature lakefront par 3.”
Through its ownership structure, more than 40 percent of company profits support research to help find cures for genetically-based diseases including cancer, diabetes and dementia.